Schuyler Cunningham, MSW, LICSW, LCSW-C, BCD, OSW-C is an award winning social worker and sought after speaker. Mr. Cunningham provides inspirational and motivational presentations, keynote addresses, lectures, didactic trainings, and case consultations to patients, survivors, caregivers, and health care professionals.
His areas of expertise include healing traumatic stress, coping with traumatic stress, Cancer Related Traumatic Stress, financial “toxicity” of illness, psychosocial distress in the medical population, palliative care, narrative medicine, and research.
To inquire about speaking engagements, please email [email protected].
Here is an illustrative list of recent speaking engagements:
- On the Couch Podcast – published March 29, 2020
- The Connecticut Women’s Consortium Trauma Matters Podcast – Podcast on Cancer Traumatic Related Distress (October 2019).
- Listen to the podcast or read the interview here.
- Fight Colorectal Cancer – Podcast on Cancer Related Traumatic Distress (Summer 2019)
- Listen to the podcast here.
- Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care – Distress Screening in the General Medical Population (October 2018)
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center Palliative Care Section – Ground Rounds
- NIH Intramural Research Training Award Poster Day – Influence of Psychosocial Distress on Traumatic Stress Among Oncology Patients on Clinical Trials (August 2018 – PM-42)
- National Institutes of Mental Health Social Work Continuing Education Series – Psychosocial Distress Screening in the General Medical Population (May 2018)
- National Institutes of Health Clinical Center Social Work Department Conference – Roles of Selective Integrative Therapies in End of Life Cancer: A review of Music, Logo, Dignity, and Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapies (March 2016)
- NIH Intramural Research Training Award Poster Day – The Effects of Stress on Lung, Blood, and Prostate Cancers: A comprehensive literature review (August 2016)
- Society for Social Work Leaders in Health Care – Social Work Finance in the Health Care Setting (October 2012)
He recently spoke to the following organizations: